Step 4. Configure Network Settings
At the Network step of the wizard, do the following:
- Click Add to configure a worker network interface:
- In the Description filed, provide a network interface description for future reference.
- From the Network drop-down list, select a network to which the worker network interface will be connected.
For best performance, choose the network that is used for Nutanix Controller VM (CVM). For a network to be displayed in the list of the available networks, it must be configured in the Nutanix AHV cluster as described in Nutanix documentation.
- If DHCP is enabled in the selected network, the IP address of the worker can be obtained automatically.
If DHCP is disabled in the selected network, or you want to specify an IP address, select the Use the following IP address option and enter the worker IP address, subnet mask and default gateway.
- If DHCP is enabled in the selected network, DNS settings of the worker can be obtained automatically.
If DHCP is disabled in the selected network, or you want to configure DNS settings manually, click the link in the DNS server addresses field, select the Use the following DNS server address option and enter the IP addresses of the preferred and alternate DNS servers.
You can add only one worker network interface.