Step 4. Specify Network Settings
At the Networks step of the wizard, do the following:
- Click Browse to select a network adapter to which the Nutanix AHV backup appliance will be connected. For best performance, choose the network that is used for Nutanix Controller VM (CVM).
For a network to be displayed in the list of the available networks, it must be configured in the Nutanix AHV cluster as described in Nutanix documentation.
- In the Hostname field, specify a hostname (with domain name excluded) that will be assigned to the Nutanix AHV backup appliance.
The maximum length of the hostname is 63 characters. The hyphen-minus character (-) is supported, but you cannot use it as the first or the last character of the name.
- If DHCP is enabled for the selected network adapter, the IP address and DNS settings of the Nutanix AHV backup appliance can be obtained automatically.
If DHCP is disabled for the selected network adapter, or you want to specify an IP address and configure DNS settings manually, click Configure and do the following in the Network settings window:
- To specify an IP address, select the Use the following IP address option and enter the Nutanix AHV backup appliance IP address, subnet mask and default gateway.
- To configure DNS settings, select the Use the following DNS server address option and enter the IP addresses of the preferred and alternate DNS servers.
After you deploy the Nutanix AHV backup appliance, you will be able to change the configured network settings in the web console as described in section Configuring General Settings.