Performing Disk Restore
In case a disaster strikes, you can restore disks of a Nutanix AHV VM from a backup or backup snapshot. Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV allows you to attach the restored disks to the original VM or any other VM in the virtual infrastructure.
You cannot restore disks of volume groups attached to the VM.
How Disk Restore Works
During the VM disk restore process, the following steps are performed:
- The Nutanix AHV backup appliance web console sends the restore session configuration data to the Nutanix AHV backup appliance.
- The Nutanix AHV backup appliance powers off the target VM.
- The Nutanix AHV backup appliance creates empty virtual disks in the Nutanix AHV infrastructure.
- The Nutanix AHV backup appliance connects to the backup repository and restores backed-up data to the empty disks.
- [This step applies only if you restore the disks to the original VM and if you choose to replace the existing disks] The Nutanix AHV backup appliance detaches the original disks from the VM and removes them from the Nutanix AHV infrastructure.
- The Nutanix AHV backup appliance attaches the created disks with the restored data to the target VM.
How to Perform Disk Restore
To restore disks attached to a protected VM, do the following: