Step 3. Specify Repository
At the Backup Destination step of the wizard, specify the repository where you want to store backups.
- In the Backup repository list, select a backup repository where you want to store backups. The wizard displays only the repositories that are managed by the Veeam Backup & Replication server.
- In the Restore Points to keep field, specify the number of restore points that you want to keep. When this number is exceeded, the earliest restore point will be removed from the backup chain. For details on the retention policy for AHV VM backups, see the Forward Incremental Backup Retention Policy section of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
You can select only the repositories to which AHV Backup Proxy has access.
You can grant access to repositories at the Grant Permissions step of the Edit Nutanix Proxy wizard. To learn how to edit settings of a Nutanix AHV backup proxy, see Editing Nutanix AHV Backup Proxies.
- Configure a retention policy for backups that are no longer included in the backup job.
- At the Backup Destination step of the wizard, click Advanced.
- In the Advanced Settings window, select the Remove deleted VMs data after check box and specify the number of days.
- Click Add.
- To create full backups regularly, select the Run active full backup periodically check box. You have the following options:
- Weekly on selected days: with this option, AHV Backup Proxy creates an active full backup every week on selected days. Use the drop-down list to select the required week days.
- Monthly on: with this option, AHV Backup Proxy creates an active full backup on selected days of selected months. Use drop-down lists to select required days and months. For example: every first Monday of all months. By default, all months are selected.
Before scheduling periodic full backups, make sure that you have enough free space on the backup repository. As an alternative, you can create active full backups manually when needed. For details, see Creating Active Full Backup.