In this article
Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV offers the following recovery options for various disaster recovery scenarios:
- Entire VM Restore: recover a VM from a backup file or from a snapshot to an AHV cluster. You can restore from backups of VMware vSphere, Hyper-V, AHV VMs or from backups created by Veeam Agent for Windows or Veeam Agent for Linux.
- VM Disks Restore: recover a specific hard drive of a VM from backup or backup snapshot, and attach it to the original VM or to a new VM.
- Instant VM Recovery: instantly start a VM directly from a backup file.
- VM Disk Export: restore VM disks from backups created by AHV Backup Proxy and convert them to disks of the VMDK, VHD or VHDX format.
- Guest OS File Recovery: recover individual guest OS files from Windows, Linux, Mac and other guest OS file systems.
- Application Items Restore: restore application items (Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft SQL Server).
- Restore to Microsoft Azure: restore VMs from backups to Microsoft Azure.
- Restore to Amazon EC2: restore VMs from a backup to Amazon EC2 as EC2 instances.