If you have backups of Nutanix AHV VMs created by another instance of AHV Backup Proxy, you can import these backup files to the current instance. Once imported, you can use the backups to restore VMs and restore VM disks.
You cannot import backups from unsupported backup repository types. This can affect imports from backup copy jobs. For the list of supported backup repository types, see Configure Backup Repository.
To import Nutanix AHV VM backups, do the following:
- Transfer the backups to a required backup repository. Note that AHV Backup Proxy must have access to this repository.
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, rescan the repository. For more information, see the Rescanning Backup Repositories section of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- At the main panel of the AHV Backup Proxy console, click the settings icon and select Manage Veeam Server.
- Select the required Veeam Backup & Replication server from the list of backup servers.
- Click the Import backups button and click Proceed to confirm the action.
AHV Backup Proxy will scan the backup repositories and import all compatible backups of AHV VMs.
- Once the backups are imported, click the Protected VMs at the main panel of the web console. You will see imported backups labeled with the icon.
If you want to see the status of the import, click Events on the main menu.
When you import backups from a backup repository, AHV Backup Proxy rescans the repository and removes information about manually deleted backups from the database.