Before You Begin
Before you start the AHV VM restore process, mind the following limitations:
- SureBackup is not supported for backups created by AHV Backup Proxy.
- If you restore from a backup of a VMware, Hyper-V VM or from a backup created by Veeam Agent, restored VM may have network connection problems. To solve the problem, you must install Nutanix Guest Tools on the restored VM.
- When you restore from backups of VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V VM backups created by Veeam Backup & Replication or Veeam Agents, the restored VM has default hardware resources: 1 CPU core, 1 GB RAM. You can change default values in the settings of the restored VM.
- Within one restore session VM disks are restored sequentially.
- If you restore VMs where the Secure Boot feature is enabled, AHV Backup Proxy restore these VMs with disabled Secure Boot. You must enable the feature manually after the restore.