Exporting backups allows you to synthesize a complete and independent full backup file out of selected restore points that are located in your backup repositories. That means, you can transform any incremental backup chain (all dependent .vbk, .vib files) into a standalone .vbk file.
Export applies to Full and Incremental restore points located in backup repositories and object storage repositories.
For instructions on how to export backups, see the Performing Export section of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
Mind the following:
- The restore point that is being exported as a new full backup file is saved to the same repository, wherein the selected restore point resides.
- Once export is complete, the exported backup files will be attached under the Backups > Disk (Imported) node.
- If a restore point that is being exported resides on the tenant side, a new full backup file will also be exported to the same repository (on the tenant side) from which the source restore point is being taken.
- If you select a backup job consisting of multiple virtual machines, Veeam Backup & Replication will synthesize a separate full backup file per each machine.
- Export session results are saved to the configuration database and available for viewing. For more information, see the Viewing Session Statistics section of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.