If a VM virtual disk becomes corrupted for some reason, you can restore it from the backup. The restored virtual disk can be attached to the original VM to replace a corrupted disk, or connected as a new disk to any other VM.
Before you restore disks, check the limitations. Then follow the steps of the Virtual Disk Restore wizard.
- Launch the Virtual Disk Restore wizard
- Select virtual disks to restore
- Select the restore point
- Configure mapping settings
- Specify a reason for the restore
- Finish working with wizard