Application Items Restore
If you want to restore Microsoft Active Directory objects and containers, Microsoft Exchange mailboxes, folders and messages, Microsoft SharePoint sites and lists, Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases, you can use the corresponding Veeam Explorer application.
Veeam Explorers are distributed as part of Veeam Backup & Replication, and you do not need to install them separately. For more information, see the Veeam Explorers User Guide.
The backup or the snapshot from which you want to restore must be application-consistent. AHV Backup Proxy creates application-consistent backups only if the VM meets requirements described in the Application-Consistent Snapshot Guidelines section of the Prism Web Console Guide.
To restore application items from backups or snapshots of Nutanix AHV VMs, do the following:
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, open the Home view.
- In the inventory pane, select the Backups or Snapshots node.
Restore of application items from a snapshot requires a helper appliance. Make sure all required ports between the Veeam Backup & Replication server and the helper appliance are open. For more information, see Proxy Appliance (Multi-OS FLR) and Mount Server sections of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
- In the working area, select the required machine in the backup or snapshot, click Application Items on the ribbon and select the application.
You can also right-click the machine or snapshot and select Restore application items.
- Veeam Backup & Replication will open the application items restore wizard. You can use a corresponding wizard to automatically extract the application database from the backup or snapshot and open it in Veeam Explorer.
If an error occurs during the extraction, you can manually attach databases (except for Oracle databases). To add a database, do the following:
- Use the file-level restore functionality to restore a database from a backup or snapshot.
- Locate and select a database file. If a database backup was mounted on the local file system, you can find files in the folder where the backup is mounted. By default, files are located in C:\VeeamFLR.
For more information, see one of the following sections of the Veeam Explorers User Guide: