Application Items Restore
Veeam Backup & Replication has auxiliary tools (Veeam Explorers) that let you restore items for the following applications:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle Database
With the help of Veeam Explorers, you can restore Microsoft Active Directory objects and containers, Microsoft Exchange mailboxes, folders and messages, Microsoft SharePoint sites and lists, Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases.
The backup or the snapshot from which you want to restore must be application-consistent. AHV Backup Proxy creates application-consistent backups only if the VM meets requirements described in the Application-Consistent Snapshot Guidelines section of the Prism Web Console Guide.
To restore application items from backups or snapshots of Nutanix AHV VMs, perform the following steps:
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, open the Home view.
- In the inventory pane, select the Backups or Snapshots node.
Restore of application items from a snapshot requires a helper appliance. Make sure all required ports between the Veeam Backup & Replication server and the helper appliance are open. For details, see Proxy Appliance (Multi-OS FLR) and Mount Server.
- In the working area, select the required machine in the backup or snapshot, click Application Items on the ribbon and select the application (Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle Database).
You can also right-click the machine or snapshot and select Restore application items.
- Veeam Backup & Replication will open the application items wizard. You can use this wizard to automatically extract the application database from the backup and open it in Veeam Explorer.
- In the Backup Browser window, click Application Items and select the necessary application from the list. Veeam Backup & Replication will start the Veeam Explorer for the selected application that will allow you to restore application items from the backup or snapshot.
To be able to restore application items in the Veeam Explorer console, you must manually attach the database. For details on working with Veeam Explorers, see Veeam Explorers User Guide.