Step 2. Select VMs
At the Virtual Machines step of the Full VM Restore to Nutanix AHV wizard, select VMs that you want to restore.
To select VMs:
- On the right of the wizard window, click Add VM.
- In the Backup Browser window, expand a backup job tree that contains backups of VMs you want to restore and select a VM. Hold [Ctrl] to select multiple VMs.
You can add VMs to a backup job from:
- VM backups created with AHV Backup Proxy
- VM snapshots created with AHV Backup Proxy
- VMware vSphere VM backups created with Veeam Backup & Replication or Veeam Agent for Windows/Linux
- Microsoft Hyper-V VM backups created with Veeam Backup & Replication or Veeam Agent for Windows/Linux
- Backups of physical machines created with Veeam Agent for Windows or Veeam Agent for Linux
- VeeamZIP backups
- By default, AHV Backup Proxy restores VMs from the latest backup. You can select to restore to an earlier restore point. Restore from a snapshot is significantly faster than restore from a backup. Note that you can restore from a snapshot only if a VM has at least one successful backup.
To restore a VM to an earlier point in time:
- Select the VM in the list and click Point.
- In the Restore Points window, select a backup.
- Click OK.