Enabling SSH on AHV Backup Proxy VM
SSH is disabled on the AHV Backup Proxy VM by default. If you want to enable SSH on the AHV Backup Proxy VM, do the following:
- Log in to the web console of Nutanix Prism that manages the AHV cluster protected with AHV Backup Proxy.
- From the pull-down list on the left of the main menu, select VM.
- In the VM dashboard, click the Table view.
- Select the VM where AHV Backup Proxy is deployed and click Launch Console on the toolbar.
- In the VM console, log in using credentials specified in the Specify Credentials step of the New Nutanix Proxy wizard.
- In the VM console, do one of the following.
- To enable SSH for one session, execute the following command.
sudo /etc/init.d/ssh start
- To enable SSH permanently, execute the following commands.
sudo systemctl enable ssh.socket
sudo /etc/init.d/ssh restart