In the proxy appliance web UI, you can restore VMs from the backup to the Nutanix AHV cluster. Veeam Availability for Nutanix AHV version 1 does not support restoring from one Nutanix cluster to another.
During the restore process, proxy appliance retrieves VM disk data from the backup, copies it to the datastore where disks of the original VM were located, and registers a restored VM on the Nutanix AHV cluster node.
Before you restore VMs, check the prerequisites and limitations. Then launch the Full VM Restore wizard to restore VMs.
- Launch the Full VM Restore wizard
- Select the VMs to restore
- Select the restore mode
- Assign a name for the restored VM
- [For Restore to new location mode] Select the container where the restored VM will be deployed
- Specify the reason for VM restore
- Finish working with the wizard