Single-parameter categorization is based on VM properties specified within a hypervisor. When you select a property as a categorization condition, Veeam ONE Monitor automatically creates groups for each unique value of the selected property. All VMs with the same property value will fall into one group.
Groups created using the single property method have dynamic membership. If the property value changes, the VMs can be moved into another group or excluded from categorization when the next data collection runs.
For example, you can categorize VMs based on their power state to include only powered on VMs into a failover plan. After data collection, Veeam ONE Monitor will create three groups: Powered On, Powered Off and Suspended. If a VM power state changes, this VM will be moved into another group next time data collection runs.
To categorize VMs using a single property:
- Disable tag import.
For more information, see Disabling Tag Import.
- In the inventory pane, navigate to the Business View node.
- Launch the Categorization Wizard:
- In the information pane, switch to the Categories tab.
- In the Actions pane, click Add Category.
Alternatively, in the Business View tree, right-click the main node and select Categorization Wizard.
- At the Name and Object Type step of the Categorization Wizard, enter a category name and make sure that Virtual Machine is selected as an object type.
- At the Categorization Method step of the Categorization Wizard, select the Single parameter option.
- At the Grouping Criteria step of the Categorization Wizard, select a VM property and click Finish.
Veeam ONE Monitor will create an individual group for each unique value of the selected property.