Specifying Daily Schedule
To create a daily schedule for the backup policy, at the Schedule step of the wizard, do the following:
- Set the Daily retention toggle to On and click Edit Daily Settings.
- In the Daily schedule window, select hours when the backup policy will create backups.
- Use the Run at drop-down list to choose whether you want the backup policy to run every day, on weekdays (Monday through Friday) or on specific days.
- In the Daily retention section, specify the number of days (or months) for which you want to keep restore points in a backup chain.
If a restore point is older than the specified time limit, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure removes the restore point from the chain. For more information, see Retention Policy for Backups.
- In the Repository section, select a backup repository where the created backups will be stored.
For a backup repository to be displayed in the Repository list, it must be added to Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure as described in section Adding Backup Repositories.
- To save changes made to the backup policy settings, click Apply.