Specifying Weekly Schedule
To create a weekly schedule for the backup policy, at the Schedule step of the wizard, do the following:
- Set the Weekly retention toggle to On and click Edit weekly settings.
- In the Weekly schedule window, select week days when the backup policy must create backups.
- Use the Create restore points at drop-down list to schedule a specific time for the backup policy to run.
- In the Weekly retention section, configure retention policy settings for the weekly schedule.
For backups, specify the number of days (or months) for which you want to keep restore points in a backup chain.
If a restore point is older than the specified time limit, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure removes the restore point from the chain. For more information, see Retention Policy for Backups.
- In the Repository section, select a backup repository where the created backups must be stored. For a backup repository to be displayed, it must be created as described in Adding Backup Repositories section.
- To save changes made to the backup policy settings, click Apply.