Specifying Weekly Schedule
To create a weekly schedule for the backup policy, at the Schedule step of the wizard, do the following:
- Set the Weekly retention toggle to On and click Edit Weekly Settings.
- In the Weekly schedule window, select days of the week when the backup policy will create backups.
- Use the Create restore points at drop-down list to schedule a specific time for the backup policy to run.
- In the Weekly retention section, specify the number of days (or months) for which you want to keep restore points in a backup chain.
If a restore point is older than the specified time limit, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure removes the restore point from the chain. For more information, see Retention Policy for Backups.
- In the Repository section, select a backup repository where the created backups will be stored. For a backup repository to be displayed in the Repository list, it must be added to the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure infrastructure as described in section Adding Backup Repositories.
- To save changes made to the backup policy settings, click Apply.