Performing Application Item Restore
With application item restore, you can use Veeam Backup for RHV backups to restore the following data:
- Microsoft Active Directory objects and containers
- Microsoft Exchange mailboxes, folders and messages
- Microsoft SharePoint sites and lists
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle databases
To restore application items from a Veeam Backup for RHV VM backup, do the following:
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, open the Home view.
- In the inventory pane, select Backups.
- In the working area, expand the necessary backup job, select the VM that contains an application you want to restore.
- Click Application Items on the ribbon and the select the application.
- In the restore wizard, select a restore point that will be used to restore the application, specify a restore reason and click Browse.
- In the Veeam Explorer application, perform the steps described in the Veeam Explorers User Guide.
As an alternative to application item restore, you can also perform file-level restore to recover standalone databases using Veeam Explorers.