To start working with Veeam Backup for RHV, you must configure the backup infrastructure for the RHV host that you want to protect. To set up the backup infrastructure, do the following:
- Configure Veeam Backup & Replication server: install Veeam Backup & Replication and configure a backup repository that will be used as a target for VM backups.
- Download Veeam Backup for RHV.
- Upload VM for RHV image to RHV host.
- Import VM of Veeam Backup for RHV from a disk image to RHV host.
- Log in to Veeam Backup for RHV web console. This web console allows you to manage RHV VM backup and restore processes and configure settings and event notifications.
- Install Veeam Backup for RHV.
- Add RHV Manager to the backup infrastructure.
- Add the Veeam Backup & Replication server to the backup infrastructure. You can add multiple repositories. For the list of supported repository types, see Configure Backup Repository.
- Provide access to Veeam Backup & Replication repositories for users who are allowed to back up RHV VMs.