To deploy Veeam Backup for RHV, do the following:
- Deploy the backup server as described in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Installing Veeam Backup & Replication.
Alternatively, you can use a backup server that already exists in your backup infrastructure if it meets the Veeam Backup for RHV system requirements.
- Install RHV Plug-in on the backup server.
- Perform initial configuration of Veeam Backup for RHV:
- Configure backup repositories where Veeam Backup for RHV will store backups of RHV VMs.
- Add to the backup infrastructure the RHV manager that administers RHV resources you want to protect.
- Deploy an RHV backup proxy that will process backup and restore operations.