Updating RHV Backup Appliance
Veeam Backup for RHV allows you to check for new product versions and available package updates, download and install them right from the Veeam Backup & Replication console. It is recommended that you timely install available updates to avoid issues while working with the product. For example, timely installed security updates may help you prevent potential security issues and reduce the risk of compromising sensitive data.
Before you install a product update, make sure all backup jobs are stopped and restore tasks are finished. Otherwise, the update process will interrupt the running activities, which may result in data loss.
To download and install available product and package updates, do the following:
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, select Backup Proxies.
- In the working area, select the RHV backup appliance and click Missing Updates on the ribbon, or right-click the RHV backup appliance and select Missing Updates.
- On the Missing Updates page, select check boxes next to the necessary updates.
You can view detailed information on an update in the Description field.
- Click Install.
The updater may require you to read and accept the Veeam license agreement and the 3rd party components license agreement. If you reject the agreements, you will not be able to continue installation.
- Select the Allow proxy appliance to perform automatic reboot if required check box and click Install Updates.
Veeam Backup for RHV will download and install the updates from the internet; it may take several minutes for the installation process to complete.
If the RHV backup appliance is not connected to the internet, you can instruct Veeam Backup for RHV to use an HTTP proxy.