Connecting Existing RHV Backup Proxy
If you have an RHV backup proxy that has already been deployed but was removed from the backup infrastructure, you can connect it to the backup server. You may also want to connect an existing RHV backup proxy in the following situations:
- To upgrade an RHV backup proxy from version 1.0 or 1a to 2a.
- To connect an RHV backup proxy that was previously connected to another backup server.
To add an existing RHV backup proxy to the backup infrastructure, do the following:
- Launch the New Red Hat Virtualization Proxy wizard.
- Select the proxy deployment mode.
- Specify proxy VM configuration.
- Check network settings.
- Enter credentials for the proxy account.
- Grant permissions to the proxy.
- Apply proxy settings.
- Finish working with wizard.
After you connect the RHV backup proxy, the backup server will retrieve information about all backup jobs the proxy has ever processed. If the backup server configuration database contains records about RHV VM backups and if the backup files are still available in repositories, you can import backups to the RHV backup proxy and use them to restore entire VMs and VM disks.