Connecting Existing RHV Backup Appliance
If you have an RHV backup appliance that has already been deployed but was removed from the backup infrastructure, you can connect it to the backup server. You may also want to connect an existing RHV backup appliance in the following situations:
- To upgrade an RHV backup appliance from version 2.0, 2a, 3.0. 3a or 3b to 4.0.
- To connect an RHV backup appliance that was previously connected to another backup server.
To add an existing RHV backup appliance to the backup infrastructure, do the following:
- Launch the New Red Hat Virtualization Proxy wizard.
- Select the deployment mode.
- Specify appliance VM configuration.
- Check network settings.
- Enter credentials for the appliance account.
- Grant permissions to the appliance.
- Apply appliance settings.
- Finish working with wizard.
After you connect the RHV backup appliance, the backup server will retrieve information about all backup jobs the appliance has ever processed. If the backup server configuration database contains records about RHV VM backups and if the backup files are still available in repositories, you can use them to restore entire VMs and VM disks.