In various disaster recovery scenarios, Veeam Backup for RHV allows you to perform the following operations using backed-up data:
- Entire VM restore — recover RHV VMs to the original location or to a new location.
- VM disk restore — recover a specific VM disk and attach it to the original VM or to another VM.
- Instant VM recovery — instantly start an RHV VM directly from a backup.
- File-level restore — recover individual VM guest OS files and folders.
- VM disk export — restore VM disks and convert them to disks of the VMDK, VHD or VHDX format.
- Restore to AWS — restore RHV VMs to Amazon Web Services as EC2 instances.
- Restore to Microsoft Azure — restore RHV VMs to Microsoft Azure as Azure VMs.
- Restore to Google Cloud — restore RHV VMs to Google Cloud as VM instances.
You can restore VM data to the most recent state or to any available restore point.