Step 6. Specify VM Name
[This step applies only if you have selected the Restore to a new location, or with different settings option at the Restore Mode step of the wizard]
By default, VMs are restored with their original names. If you restore VMs to the original location and do not specify new names for the VMs, the original VMs will be removed.
At the VM name step of the wizard, you can specify new names for the restored VMs:
- Select a VM and click Name.
- In the Rename VM window, do the following:
- In the Set name to field, specify a new name for the restored VM.
- Check the Add prefix check box to specify a prefix that will be added to the name of the restored VM.
- Check the Add suffix check box to specify a suffix that will be added to the name of the restored VM.
- Click OK.
- Select the Preserve virtual machine ID check box if the original VMs still exist in the RHV infrastructure and you want Veeam Backup for RHV to remove the original VMs.