Backup Infrastructure Components
Veeam Backup for RHV backup infrastructure includes the following components:
- Veeam Backup for RHV: the main component that performs backup and restore processes. Veeam Backup for RHV is deployed as a Linux-based VM on the RHV host.
Veeam Backup for RHV includes the following additional components:
- Web console of Veeam Backup for RHV: a web console that allows you to manage backup and restore operations, configure notifications and configure settings of Veeam Backup for RHV. For more information, see Web Console of Veeam Backup for Red Hat Virtualization.
- Data Mover: a service that transports VM backup data from RHV host to backup repositories.
- Veeam Updater: a component that is responsible for installing and scheduling the updates. For more information, see Updating Veeam Backup for Red Hat Virtualization.
These additional components are automatically deployed on the same VM where Veeam Backup for RHV is installed. RHV Backup Proxy VM (appliance) unites Veeam Backup for RHV, the web console, Data Mover and Veeam Updater.
- Backup repository: a storage location where Veeam Backup for RHV stores backup files. You can add multiple repositories. For the list of supported repository types, see Configure Backup Repository.
The backup repository also includes the Data Mover service that is responsible for receiving VM backup data from the RHV host.
- Veeam Backup & Replication server: a server that manages backup repositories. Veeam Backup for RHV stores RHV VM backups on repositories added to Veeam Backup & Replication. To be able to use this repositories, you must connect Veeam Backup for RHV to Veeam Backup & Replication.