Restore to Amazon EC2
Veeam Backup for RHV allows you to restore RHV VMs from backups to Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) as EC2 instances. An EC2 instance is a virtual machine in Amazon EC2 with a preconfigured combination of computing resources.
Restore to Amazon EC2 can be helpful in the following situations:
- Migrating RHV VMs from the on-premises infrastructure to the cloud.
- Creating a test environment in the cloud for troubleshooting, testing patches and updates, and so on.
To restore a VM to Amazon EC2, do the following:
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, open the Home view.
- In the inventory pane, select Backups.
- In the working area, right-click the VM that you want to restore and select Restore to Amazon EC2.
- Complete the Restore to Amazon EC2 wizard as described in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Restore to Amazon EC2.