Getting Technical Support
When you submit a support case, it is recommended that you provide the Veeam Customer Support Team with the following information:
- Version information for the product and its infrastructure components
- The error message or an accurate description of the problem you are facing
- Log files
To view the product details, do the following:
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, select Backup Proxies.
- In the working area, select the RHV backup appliance and click Edit Proxy on the ribbon, or right-click the RHV backup appliance and select Properties.
- In the Edit Red Hat Virtualization Proxy wizard, click Finish.
- Wait for Veeam Backup for RHV to complete the RHV backup appliance configuration check and click Next.
At the Summary step of the wizard, the following information will be displayed:
- RHV Virtualization manager hostname or IP address
- Name of the VM running as the RHV backup appliance
- Currently installed version of Veeam Backup for RHV
- RHV backup appliance network settings
- Repositories to which the RHV backup appliance has access
To download the product logs, do the following:
- From the main menu of the Veeam Backup & Replication console, select Help > Support Information.
- At the Scope step of the Export Logs wizard, select the Export all logs for selected components option. Then, in the Managed servers list, select the backup server and the VM running as the RHV backup appliance.
Complete the wizard as described in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Exporting Logs.