Step 3. Specify Repository
At the Backup Destination step of the wizard, do the following::
- In the Backup repository list, select a backup repository where you want to store backups. The wizard only displays the repositories that are managed by the backup server.
- In the Restore Points to keep field, specify the number of restore points that you want to keep.
When this number is exceeded, the earliest restore point will be removed from the backup chain. For more information on the retention policy for VM backups, see the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Forward Incremental Backup Retention Policy.
You can select only the repositories to which the RHV backup proxy has access.
- Click Advanced to configure the retention policy for backups that are no longer included into the backup job and specify how often you want to create backups:
- In the Advanced Settings > Maintenance window, select the Remove deleted VMs data after check box and specify the number of days.
- In the Advanced Settings > Backup window, select the Run active full backup periodically check box to create full backups regularly. Choose one of the following options:
- Weekly on selected days: the RHV backup proxy creates an active full backup every week on selected days. Use the drop-down list to select the required week days.
- Monthly on: the RHV backup proxy creates an active full backup on selected days of selected months. Use drop-down lists to select required days and months. For example: every first Monday of all months. By default, all months are selected.
Before scheduling periodic full backups, make sure that you have enough free space on the backup repository. Alternatively, you can create active full backups manually when needed. For more information, see Creating Active Full Backup.