Configuring Email Notification Settings
You can specify email notification settings for automated delivery of backup job results. To connect an SMTP server that will be used for sending email notifications:
Click the Settings icon at the top right corner of the RHV backup proxy web console, and select Appliance Settings.
- Switch to the E-mail settings tab.
- Select the Enable e-mail notifications check box.
- In the SMTP server field, enter the full DNS name or IP address of the SMTP server. All email notifications (including test messages) will be sent by this SMTP server.
- Click Advanced to specify an account that will be used when authenticating against the SMTP server and to configure other connection settings.
In the Advanced SMTP Settings window:
- In the SMTP Port field, specify a communication port for SMTP traffic. The default SMTP port is 25.
- For an SMTP server with SSL/TLS support, select the Connect using SSL check box to enable SSL data encryption.
- If your SMTP server requires authentication, select the This SMTP server requires authentication check box and specify credentials that will be used to connect to the SMTP server.
- Click OK.
- In the From field, enter an email address of the notification sender. This email address will be displayed in the From field of notifications.
- In the To field, enter an email address of a recipient. Use a semicolon to separate multiple recipient addresses.
- In the Subject field, specify a subject for notifications. You can use the following runtime variables:
- %JobName% — a backup job name.
- %JobResult% — a backup job result.
- %ObjectCount% — the number of VMs in a backup job.
- Choose whether you want to receive email notifications in case backup jobs complete successfully, complete with warnings or complete with errors.
- Select the Suppress notifications until the last retry check box to receive a notification about the final job status. If you do not enable this option, the RHV backup proxy will send one notification per every job retry.
- Click Apply.
Veeam Backup for RHV allows you to send a test message to check whether you have configured the settings correctly. To do that, click Test message. A test message will be sent to the specified email address.