Restoring Configuration Settings
Veeam Backup for RHV offers restore of the configuration database that can be helpful in the following situations:
- The configuration database got corrupted, and you want to recover data from a configuration backup.
- The backup appliance got corrupted, and you want to recover its configuration from a configuration backup.
- The backup appliance went down, and you want to apply its configuration to a new backup appliance.
- You want to roll back the configuration database to a specific point in time.
- You want to apply the backed-up configuration of a RHV backup appliance version 2.0 (or later) to a newly deployed RHV backup appliance.
When you restore the configuration database of a RHV backup appliance, consider the following:
- If the RHV backup appliance is still present in the backup infrastructure, you cannot restore its configuration to another RHV backup appliance added to same backup infrastructure. This limitation prevents collisions between jobs with the same database ID.
- Network settings of the RHV backup appliance remain unchanged. However, you will be able to change the settings after the configuration restore.
- Configuration settings of dedicated workers will be restored from the configuration backup, and all existing workers will be removed. If any of the settings (such as worker network settings, host affinity or storage container configuration) is invalid in the current virtual environment, a warning message will be displayed in configuration restore logs. To update worker settings, modify worker configuration after the configuration restore.
- If you restore the configuration database of a RHV backup appliance originally residing in another cluster to protect migrated VMs, you will need to reconfigure backup jobs. UUIDs of migrated VMs change, therefore, you will need to re-add VMs to a backup job that will start new backup chains for them.
Before you start the restore process, stop and disable all jobs that are currently running.
To restore the configuration database, do the following: