Step 3. Configure Mapping Settings
In this article
At the Disk Mapping step of the wizard, configure VM disk mapping settings:
- Select a VM to which you want to attach the restored disk.
- Click Browse.
- In the Select Virtual Machine window, select the VM and click OK.
- If you want to change the target container, disk address or the bus type, do the following:
- Select the disk from the Select disk for restore field and click Change.
- It the Virtual Disk Properties window:
- Сlick Choose to select another target container.
- From the Bus Type drop-down list, select one of the following bus type for the restored disk: IDE, SATA, SPAPR_VSCSI, VIRTIO, VIRTIO_SCSI.
- From the Disk Destination drop-down list, select the location where disks will be stored. If you select the default disk destination, after successful restore process, the existing virtual disk will be replaced. If you select a non-default disk destination, the restored virtual disk will be added to the VM as a new disk.
- Select the Restore all VM disks to QCOW2 format check box, if you want to restore virtual disks in the QCOW2 format. You can create an incremental backup for virtual disks in the QCOW2 format only. Virtual disks in the RAW format support only full backup.