Exporting backups allows you to synthesize a complete and independent full backup file out of selected restore points that are located in your backup repositories. This means, you can transform any incremental backup chain (all dependent .vbk, .vib files) into a standalone .vbk file.
Mind the following:
- The restore point that is being exported as a new full backup file is saved to the same repository, where the source selected restore points reside.
- Once export is complete, the exported backup files will be attached under the Backups > Disk (Imported) node.
- If a restore point that is being exported resides on the tenant side, a new full backup file will also be exported to the same repository (on the tenant side) from which the source restore point is being taken.
- If you select a backup job consisting of multiple virtual machines, Veeam Backup & Replication will synthesize a separate full backup file per each machine.
- Export session results are saved to the configuration database and available for viewing, as described in the Viewing Session Statistics section of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.
To export backup files, do the following:
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, open the Home view.
- In the inventory pane of the Home view, select Backups.
- In the working area, select the backup or separate VM in the backup and click Export Backup on the ribbon.
You can also right-click the backup and select Export backup. For more information, see the Performing Export section of the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide.