Editing RHV Backup Appliance
You can edit settings of the RHV backup appliance that were specified while adding the appliance to the backup infrastructure.
To edit RHV backup appliance settings, do the following:
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, select Backup Proxies.
- In the working area, select the RHV backup appliance and click Edit Proxy on the ribbon, or right-click the RHV backup appliance and select Properties.
- Complete the Edit Red Hat Virtualization Proxy wizard:
- To provide a new description for the RHV backup appliance and change the number of tasks that the embedded worker is able to handle in parallel, follow the instructions provided in section Connecting Existing RHV Backup Proxy (step 3).
- To manage SSH access to the appliance, to enable or disable worker updates, to change the RHV backup appliance network settings, or to configure an HTTP proxy for accessing Veeam update repositories, follow the instructions provided in section Deploying New RHV Backup Appliance (step 4).
- To change credentials that are used to access the RHV backup appliance, follow the instructions provided in section Connecting Existing RHV Backup Proxy (step 5).
The user name and password must be updated in the record of the Credential manager that is already selected at the Credentials step of the wizard. If you create a new record and select it, Veeam Backup for RHV will not be able to update credentials and will show you an authorization error.
- To specify backup repositories the RHV backup appliance can access, follow the instructions provided in section Connecting Existing RHV Backup Proxy (step 6).
- To save changes made to the appliance settings, click Finish.