Instant VM Recovery
With Instant Recovery, you can immediately restore an RHV VM to VMware vSphere, Hyper-V or Nutanix AHV by running it directly from a compressed and deduplicated backup file. Instant Recovery helps to improve recovery time objectives, minimize disruption and downtime of production VMs.
To perform instant recovery, do the following:
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, open the Home view.
- In the inventory pane, select Backups.
- In the working area, select the required VM in the backup and click Instant Recovery on the ribbon.
You can also right-click the VM and select Instant Recovery.
- Follow the steps of the Instant Recovery to VMware vShpere, Hyper-V or Nutanix AHV wizard.
Depending on the platform to which you want to recover RHV VMs, see the following documents:
- The Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide for VMware vSphere, secion Performing Instant VM Recovery of Workloads to VMware vSphere VMs.
- The Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide for Microsoft Hyper-V, section Performing Instant VM Recovery of Workloads to Hyper-V VMs.
- The Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV User Guide, section Performing Instant VM Recovery of Workloads to Nutanix AHV.