Step 3. Choose Restore Mode
At the Restore Mode step of the wizard, do the following:
- Choose whether you want to restore VMs to the original or to a custom location:
- Restore to the original location — select this option if you want to recover VMs with their initial settings and to their original location. If this option is selected, you will pass directly to the Reason step of the wizard.
If you recover a VM with the original settings, and the original VM still exists in the RHV infrastructure, the original VM will be removed.
- Restore to a new location, or with different settings — select this option if you want to recover VMs to a new location, or to any location but with different settings (such as VM location, network settings, format of recovered virtual disks and so on). If this option is selected, the wizard will include additional steps for customizing VM settings.
- Select the Restore VM tags check box if you want to recover tags that were assigned to the original VMs and assign them to the restored VMs.
- Select the Restore all VM disks to QCOW2 format check box if you want to restore VM virtual disks in QCOW2 format. For more information on QCOW2 format and limitations that apply to RAW format, see Enabling Incremental Backup.