Performing Disk Restore
In case a disaster strikes, you can restore a disk of an RHV VM from a backup. Veeam Backup for RHV allows you to attach the restored disk to the original VM or any other RHV VM in the RHV environment.
How Disk Restore Works
During the VM disk restore process, the following steps are performed:
- The Veeam Backup & Replication console sends the restore session configuration data to the RHV backup appliance.
- The RHV backup appliance powers off the target VM.
- The RHV backup appliance launches a worker.
- The worker creates an empty virtual disk in the RHV environment.
- The worker connects to the backup repository and restores backed-up data to the empty disk.
- [This step applies only if you restore the disk to the original VM and if you choose to replace the existing disk] The worker detaches the original disk from the VM and removes it from the RHV environment.
- The worker attaches the created disk with the restored data to the target VM.
How to Perform Disk Restore
To restore a disk attached to a protected VM, do the following: