Step 4. Specify Network Settings
At the Networks step of the wizard, do the following:
- Click Browse to select a network adapter to which the RHV backup appliance will be connected.
For a network to be displayed in the list of the available networks, it must be configured in the RHV environment as described in Red Hat Virtualization documentation.
- In the Hostname field, specify a hostname (without domain name) that will be assigned to the RHV backup appliance.
The maximum length of the hostname is 64 characters. The hyphen-minus character (-) is supported, but you cannot use it as the first or the last character of the name.
- If DHCP is enabled for the selected network adapter, the IP address and DNS settings of the RHV backup appliance can be obtained automatically.
If DHCP is disabled for the selected network adapter, or you want to specify an IP address and configure DNS settings manually, click Configure and do the following in the Network settings window:
- To specify an IP address, select the Use the following IP address option and enter the RHV backup appliance IP address, subnet mask and default gateway.
- To configure DNS settings, select the Use the following DNS server address option and enter the IP addresses of the preferred and alternate DNS servers.
- To check for available package updates for the RHV backup appliance and workers, Veeam Backup for RHV automatically connects to Veeam repositories over the internet. If the backup appliance and workers are not connected to the internet, you can instruct Veeam Backup for RHV to use an HTTP proxy that will provide access to the required resources. To specify HTTP proxy settings, click Configure and do the following in the Network settings window:
- Navigate to the HTTP proxy tab.
- Select the Use the following internet proxy settings check box.
- In the Host field, enter the IP address or FQDN of the web proxy.
- In the Port field, enter the port used on the web proxy for HTTP or HTTPS connections.
- [Applies only if the HTTP proxy requires authentication] Select the Use authentication check box and enter credentials of the account configured on the HTTP proxy to access the internet.
- To enable SSH access for the purposes of manual management and troubleshooting, select the Enable SSH server check box.
You must also select this check box if you want to use the RHV backup appliance as a gateway server that will forward RHV VM backups to an object storage repository and will process protection tasks related to all backups stored in that repository.
- If the RHV backup appliance and workers do not have access to the internet and no HTTP proxy is used, clear the Obtain updates check box to disable automatic updates. This will help eliminate update failures and session warnings.