Step 4. Specify Network Settings
At the Networks step of the wizard, do the following:
- Click Browse to select a network adapter to which the proxy will be connected.
- In the Hostname field, specify a hostname that will be assigned to the RHV backup proxy.
The maximum length of the hostname is 63 characters; the - special character is only supported, however, you cannot use it as the first or the last character. Note that the hostname does not contain a domain name.
- To set the RHV backup proxy IP address and the DNS servers manually, click Configure and do the following:
- In the Network Settings window, select the Use the following IP address option and specify the RHV backup proxy IP address, subnet mask and default gateway.
- Select the Use the following DNS server address option and specify the IP address of your DNS servers and domain names that the RHV backup proxy will use to resolve the hostnames of the backup server and the RHV manager.
You can specify multiple domain names separated with commas.
- Click OK.
- Click Next.