Restore to Amazon EC2
Veeam Backup & Replication allows you to restore different workloads (VMs, Google VM instances, physical servers and so on) to Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) as EC2 instances. An EC2 instance is a virtual machine in Amazon EC2 with a preconfigured combination of computing resources.
You can use Veeam Backup & Replication to perform the following operations:
- Restore workloads to Amazon EC2 from backups.
- Migrate workloads from the on-premises infrastructure to the cloud.
- Create a test environment in the cloud for troubleshooting, testing patches and updates, and so on.
You can restore workloads from the following types of backups:
- Backups of VMware vSphere or VMware Cloud Director virtual machines created by Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Backups of Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines created by Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Backups of virtual and physical machines created by Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows or Veeam Agent for Linux.
Backups must be created at the entire machine level or volume level.
- Backups of Amazon EC2 instances created by Veeam Backup for AWS.
- Backups of Microsoft Azure virtual machines created by Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure.
- Backups of Google Compute Engine VM instances created by Veeam Backup for Google Cloud.
- Backups of Nutanix AHV virtual machines created by Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV.
- Backups of RHV VMs created by Veeam Backup for RHV.
In This Section