Removing Object Storage Repository
You can remove any object storage repository from the application scope if you no longer need it.
Consider the following:
- An object storage repository cannot be removed if it is part of a scale-out backup repository.
To remove such a repository, you must first exclude an object storage repository from the scale-out backup repository configuration, as described in Excluding Capacity Tier from Scale-Out Repositories.
- An object storage repository cannot be removed if backups located in this repository was imported, as described in Importing Backups.
To remove such a repository, you must first detach object storage, as described in Detaching Object Storage.
- When an object storage repository is being removed from the environment, the actual offloaded data remains completely unaffected.
To learn how to remove data, see Removing Backups from Object Storage Repository.
To remove an object storage repository, do the following:
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, select Backup Repositories.
- In the working area, select an object storage repository and click Remove Repository on the ribbon or right-click an object storage repository and select Remove.