Restoring Configuration Database
Restore of the configuration database is helpful in the following situations:
- The configuration database got corrupted and you want to recover data from the configuration backup.
- The Microsoft SQL Server on which the configuration database resides got corrupted, and you want to deploy the configuration database on a new Microsoft SQL Server, and restore data from the configuration backup to it.
- You want to roll back the configuration database to a specific point in time.
- You want to restore data to a new configuration database on the same Microsoft SQL server, for example, for testing purposes.
You can restore a configuration backup on the same backup server where the backup was created or on another backup server.
Before you start the restore process, check prerequisites. Then use the Veeam Backup & Replication Configuration Restore wizard to restore the configuration database.
- Launch the Veeam Backup & Replication Configuration Restore wizard
- Select a restore mode
- Select a configuration backup
- Review configuration backup parameters
- Specify password
- Specify the target database
- Specify restore options
- Review restore settings
- Finalize the restore process
- Synchronize backups and tape libraries
- Finish working with the wizard