Step 4. Specify Object Storage Settings
At the Container step of the wizard, specify the container, the folder that will be used to store data and select an access tier in which Veeam Backup & Replication will keep blobs. For more information on access tiers, see Microsoft Docs.
- From the Container drop-down list, select a container.
Make sure that the container where you want to store your backup data was created in advance.
The default Root container is not supported. For more information about this container, see Microsoft Docs.
- In the Folder field, enter a cloud folder name to which you want to map your object storage repository. Alternatively, click Browse and either select an existing folder or click New Folder.
- Select the Limit object storage consumption to check box to define a soft limit that can be exceeded temporarily for your object storage consumption. Provide the value in TB or PB.
- Select the Make recent backups immutable for check box to prohibit deletion of blocks of data from object storage. Specify the immutability period. For more information, see Immutability.
Note that the maximum immutability period you can set in the Veeam Backup & Replication UI is 90 days. If you want to set immutability to a longer period, use the Set-VBRAzureBlobRepository cmdlet.
- If you plan to access your backup data infrequently, select the Use Cool Tier (may result in higher cost) check box. Veeam Backup & Replication will keep blobs in cool access tier.
Consider the following: