To start the extract utility via GUI:
- Run the Veeam.Backup.Extractor.exe file from the installation folder of Veeam Backup & Replication. The extract utility will be started.
- In the VBK file field, specify a path to the full backup file from which you want to restore VM(s).
- If the backup file is encrypted, the extract utility will require you to provide a password to unlock the backup file. Enter the password that was used for backup file encryption.
- In the Extract folder field, specify a path to the destination folder to which the VM files must be extracted.
- From the Virtual machines list, select the VM(s) that must be extracted.
- Click Extract. The VM files will be extracted to the specified folder.
The extract utility working via the GUI has the following limitations: