Before you restore a VM from a backup, check the following prerequisites:
- You can restore a VM from a backup that has at least one successfully created restore point.
- When you restore a VM to its initial location and the original VM is still running, Veeam Backup & Replication will power off the original VM and restore only the disks included in the backup file. All other disks and VM configuration will not be changed.
- If you want to scan VM data for viruses, check the secure restore requirements and limitations.
- If you want to run an executable script for a VM, check the staged restore requirements and limitations.
- When you restore a VM, mind the Virtual Hardware version compatibility. For more information, see https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2007240.
Send feedback | Updated on 6/6/2019