Before You Begin
Before you restore a VM from a backup, consider the following:
- You can restore a VM from a backup that has at least one successfully created restore point.
- If you restore a VM to its original location and the original VM is still running, Veeam Backup & Replication powers off the original VM and restores only those disks that are included in the backup file. All other disks remain unchanged.
- If you want to scan VM data for viruses, check the secure restore requirements and limitations.
- If you want to run an executable script for a VM, check the staged restore requirements and limitations.
- When you restore a VM, mind the Virtual Hardware version compatibility. For more information, see this VMware KB article.