Before You Begin
In this article
Before you create an application group, check the following prerequisites:
- A valid license for Enterprise edition of Veeam Backup & Replication must be installed on the backup server.
- All applications and services on which verified VMs are dependent must be virtualized in your environment.
- If you plan to scan VM data for malware, check requirements and limitations.
- If you plan to verify VMs with a ping test, the firewall on tested VMs must allow ping requests.
- If you plan to verify VMs with a heartbeat test, VMware Tools must be installed in tested VMs.
- [For storage snapshots] The storage system must be added to the backup infrastructure.
Mind the following limitations:
- VM replicas must be in the Ready state. If a VM replica is in the Failover or Failback state, you will not be able to add it to the application group.
- You cannot add to application groups VMs from backups of vCloud Director VMs, backups created with backup copy jobs and backups stored in cloud backup repositories.