To specify compression, deduplication and encryption settings for backup files stored in the target backup repository, do the following:
- At the Target step of the wizard, click Advanced.
- Click the Storage tab.
- In the Data reduction section, specify data compression and deduplication settings:
- By default, Veeam Backup & Replication performs deduplication before storing copied data in the target backup repository. To disable data deduplication, clear the Enable inline data deduplication check box.
For more information on deduplication, see Deduplication.
- From the Compression level list, select a compression level.
For more information on data compression levels, see Data Compression.
- In the Encryption section, specify encryption settings:
- To encrypt the backup file created by the backup copy job, select the Enable backup file encryption check box.
- From the Password field, select a password that you want to use to encrypt the backup file. If you have not created a password beforehand, click Add or use the Manage passwords link to specify a new password. For more information, see Managing Passwords for Data Encryption.
If you want to save this set of settings as the default one, click Save as default. When you create a new job, the saved settings will be offered as the default. This also applies to all users added to the backup server.
When specifying encryption settings, consider the following:
Note that if you disable the Read the entire restore point from source backup instead of synthesizing it from increments option in the backup copy job, you will have synthetic full backups, not active full backups. For details, see Defining Backup Copy Target.