Viewing Real-Time Statistics
To view real-time statistics for a job, do one of the following:
- Open the Home view, in the inventory pane select one of the following nodes: Jobs, Last 24 hours or Running. In the working area, right-click the job and select Statistics.
- Open the Home view, in the inventory pane select one of the following nodes: Jobs, Last 24 hours or Running. In the working area, double-click the running job.
The real-time statistics provides detailed data on job sessions: job progress, duration, processing rate, performance bottlenecks, amount of processed data, read and transferred data and details of the session performance, for example, warnings and errors that have occurred in the process of operation.
In addition to overall job statistics, the real-time statistics provides information on each object processed with the job. To view the processing progress for a specific object, select it in the list on the left.
Mind the following:
Veeam Backup & Replication displays jobs statistics for the following counters:
- The Job progress bar shows percentage of the job completion.
- The Summary box shows general information about the job:
- Duration — time from the job start till the current moment or job end.
- Processing rate — average speed of VM data processing. This counter is a ratio between the amount of data that has actually been read and job duration.
- Bottleneck — bottleneck in the data transmission process. To learn about job bottlenecks, see Detecting Performance Bottlenecks.
- The Data box shows information about processed VM data:
- Processed — total size of all VM disks processed by the job.
- Read — amount of data read from the datastore by the source-side Data Mover prior to applying compression and deduplication. For incremental job runs, the value of this counter is typically lower than the value of the Processed counter. Veeam Backup & Replication reads only data blocks that have changed since the last job session, processes and copies these data blocks to the target.
- Transferred — amount of data transferred from the source-side Veeam Data Mover to the target-side Veeam Data Mover after applying compression and deduplication. This counter does not directly indicate the size of the resulting files. Depending on the backup infrastructure and job settings, Veeam Backup & Replication can perform additional activities with data: deduplicate data, decompress data prior to writing the file to disk and so on. The activities can impact the size of the resulting file.
- The Status box shows information about the job results. This box informs how many tasks have completed with the Success, Warning and Error statuses (1 task per 1 VM).
- The pane at the lower right corner shows a list of operations performed during the job. To see a list of operations for a specific object included in the job, click the object in the pane on the left. To see a list of operations for the whole job, click anywhere on the blank area in the left pane.
To visualize the data transfer process, Veeam Backup & Replication displays a colored graph in the real-time statistics window:
- The green area defines the amount of data read from source.
- The brown area defines the amount of data transported to target.
- The horizontal line defines the current data processing speed.
If the job session is still being performed, you can click the graph to view data rate for the last 5 minutes or the whole processing period. If the job session has already ended, the graph will display information for the whole processing period only.
The colored graph is displayed only for the currently running job session or the latest job session. If you open real-time statistics for past sessions other than the latest one, the colored graph will not be displayed.