Before you configure a backup repository, check the following prerequisites.
EMC Data Domain
- The EMC Data Domain system must run DD OS 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, 6.0 or 6.1.
- The DD Boost license must be installed on the EMC Data Domain system, DD Boost must be enabled and configured.
- The gateway server that you plan to use for work with EMC Data Domain must be added to the backup infrastructure.
If the EMC Data Domain storage system does not meet these requirements, you can add it as a CIFS (SMB) folder. In this case, Veeam Backup & Replication will not use the DD Boost technology to work with EMC Data Domain. For more information, see EMC Data Domain.
- The ExaGrid system must run firmware version 4.7 or later.
- To use ExaGrid as a backup repository, you must configure an ExaGrid share in a proper way in ExaGrid Manager. For more information, see www.veeam.com/config_exagrid_ds.pdf.
- The HPE StoreOnce system must run HPE StoreOnce firmware version 3.13.1 or later.
- The HPE StoreOnce Catalyst license must be installed on the HPE StoreOnce system.
- You must use a Catalyst store as a backup target.
- The gateway server that you plan to use for work with HPE StoreOnce system must be added to the backup infrastructure.
- The client account that you plan to use to connect to HPE StoreOnce must have access permissions on the Catalyst store where backup data will be kept.
If the HPE StoreOnce storage system does not meet these requirements, you can add it as a shared folder. In this case, Veeam Backup & Replication will perform target-side deduplication. For more information, see HPE StoreOnce.