Veeam Software offers the following types of licenses for Veeam Backup & Replication:
- Subscription license — license that expires at the end of the subscription term. The Subscription license term is normally 1-3 years from the date of license issue.
- Perpetual license — permanent license. The support and maintenance period included with the license is specified in months or years. Typically, one year of basic support and maintenance is included with the Perpetual license.
- Rental license — license with the license expiration date set according to the chosen rental program (normally 1-12 months from the date of license issue). The Rental license can be automatically updated upon expiration.
Rental licenses are provided to Veeam Cloud & Service Provides (VCSPs) only. For more information, see the Rental License section in the Veeam Cloud Connect Guide.
- Evaluation license — license used for product evaluation. The Evaluation license is valid for 30 days from the moment of product download.
- NFR license — license used for product demonstration, training and education. The person to whom the license is provided agrees that the license is not for resell or commercial use.