Creating Cloud Director CDP Policies
To protect vApps with CDP, you must configure a VMware Cloud Director CDP policy. The CDP policy defines which vApps to protect, where to store replicas, how often create short-term and long-term restore points, and so on. One CDP policy can process one or multiple vApps.
To create a CDP policy, use the New VMware Cloud Director CDP Policy wizard.
- Launch the New VMware Cloud Director CDP Policy wizard.
- Specify a policy name and advanced settings.
- Select vApps to replicate.
- Exclude objects.
- Specify vApp processing order.
- Select destination for replicas.
- Configure network mapping.
- Configure seeding and mapping.
- Specify data transfer and replica settings.
- Specify notification settings.
- Configure a replication schedule.
- Specify guest processing settings.
- Finish working with the wizard.