Restoring to Google Compute Engine
To restore workloads to Google Compute Engine, use the Restore to Google Compute Engine wizard.
- Check prerequisites
- Launch the Restore to Google Compute Engine wizard
- Select a workload and restore point
- Specify credentials and datacenter settings
- Specify a name
- Specify an instance type
- Select a Google VPC
- Specify secure restore settings
- Specify a proxy appliance
- Specify a restore reason
- Start the restore process
If you add the Google Compute Engine appliance to the Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure and plan to restore Google Compute Engine virtual machines from restore points that were created using the appliance, you do not need to configure the proxy appliance. Also, restore to Google Compute Engine works as described in the Performing Instance Restore section in the Veeam Backup for Google Cloud User Guide.