A backup repository is a storage location where Veeam keeps backup files, VM copies and metadata for replicated VMs. To configure a backup repository, you can use the following storage types:
- Direct attached storage. You can add virtual and physical servers as backup repositories:
- Network attached storage. You can add CIFS (SMB) shares as backup repositories.
- Deduplicating storage appliances. You can add the following deduplicating storage appliances as backup repositories:
- Object storage. You can use cloud storage services as backup repositories. For details, see Object Storage.
Do not configure multiple backup repositories pointing to the same location or using the same path.
- Proxy Affinity
- Fast Clone
- Adding Backup Repositories
- Rescanning Backup Repositories
- Editing Settings of Backup Repositories
- Removing Backup Repositories