Before you start the restore process, check the following prerequisites:
- Stop all jobs that are currently running. During restore of configuration, Veeam Backup & Replication temporary stops the Veeam Backup Service and jobs.
- Check the version of the backup server. On the backup server running Veeam Backup & Replication 10, you can restore configuration backups created with the following product versions: 9.5 Update 4 and 9.5 Update 3.
- Make sure that the certificate chain restored from a configuration backup will successfully pass validation on the target backup server. This precaution is required if the following conditions are met:
- You want to restore configuration database of a backup server used in the Veeam Agent management scenario.
- The backup server whose configuration database you want to restore uses a custom certificate issued by a Certificate Authority instead of the default self-signed certificate to ensure a secure connection in the Veeam Agent management infrastructure.
- If you plan to restore configuration data to the database on another Microsoft SQL Server, make sure the account for using Veeam Backup & Replication has sufficient permissions. For more information, see Required Permissions.
- [for Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV users] After you restore the configuration database of Veeam Backup & Replication, you must remove existing AHV backup proxies from Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure and connect to them again. Otherwise, these AHV backup proxies will not be able to perform backup and restore due to missing authentication certificates. For instructions on how to connect to an existing AHV backup proxy, see the Adding Nutanix AHV Backup Proxy section in the Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV User Guide.
You can start configuration restore only from the Veeam Backup & Replication console installed locally on the backup server. You cannot start configuration restore from the console installed on a remote machine.