Before you start the restore process, check the following prerequisites:
- Stop all jobs that are currently running. During restore of configuration, Veeam Backup & Replication temporary stops the Veeam Backup Service and jobs.
- Check the version of the backup server. On the backup server running Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4, you can restore configuration backups created with the following product versions: 9.0 Update 2 and 9.5.
- Make sure that the certificate chain restored from a configuration backup will successfully pass validation on the target backup server. This precaution is required if the following conditions are met:
- You want to restore configuration database of a backup server used in the Veeam Agent management scenario.
- The backup server whose configuration database you want to restore uses a custom certificate issued by a Certificate Authority instead of the default self-signed certificate to ensure a secure connection in the Veeam Agent management infrastructure.
- If you plan to restore configuration data to the database on another Microsoft SQL Server, make sure the account for using Veeam Backup & Replication has sufficient permissions. For more information, see Required Permissions.
You can start configuration restore only from the Veeam Backup & Replication console installed locally on the backup server. You cannot start configuration restore from the console installed on a remote machine.